- Sets annual working calendar of Area meetings and events
- Prepares agendas and conducts the Area Assembly and Area Committee meetings
- Designates the Area Assembly in March of each year as the annual meeting of the corporation according to the Maryland General Service, Inc. By-Laws
- Appoints Standing and Ad Hoc Committee chairpersons to coordinate ongoing service activities or to address special issues or concerns and offers them guidance and encouragement in the execution of their duties and responsibilities
- Develops ways to make Area Assemblies more informative and useful
- Designates an individual to organize and conduct the GSR/DCM Question and Answer Session at Area Assemblies and Area Committees
- Coordinates the distribution of the ask-it-basket questions
- Communicates with Treasurer to ensure that annual State and Federal tax returns have been prepared by Maryland General Service CPA; affixes signature to returns prior to submission
- Prepares the annual Chairperson’s budget request to be submitted to the Finance Committee in the fall of each year and is prepared with supporting documentation to answer any questions which may be asked during the budget approval process
- May attend service functions or events as listed on page 53 of the Maryland Assembly Handbook and request reimbursement as provided in the Area 29 Budget for this service position and approved by the Area Assembly each year
- Attends Area 29 Conference Agenda Review Committee (CARC) meetings and the Area 29 Mini Conference
- Is encouraged to write and submit service-related articles for the quarterly Maryland General Service Newsletter, the MARGENSER
- As requested, attends group, Intergroup, District or other Area A.A. events to share information and knowledge of the A.A. fellowship
Reprinted from Area 29 Area Assembly Handbook, December 2015, P. 26.
For further information contact the Area 29 Chairperson.