The purpose of the Audio Committee is to set up and operate microphones and speakers and to record the proceedings of each Area Assembly and Area Committee meeting as well as other events or functions as requested by the Area Chairperson.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Audio Chairperson
Appointed by the Area Chairperson for a term of two years, beginning in January of the even-numbered years
- Attends the monthly Area Assembly meetings and Area Committee meetings for the purpose of setting up the sound system to record the proceedings
- Provides a copy of each meeting recording to the Area Chairperson, Secretary, Delegate and Archives
- Maintains the audio equipment in proper working condition. When necessary, ensures that proper maintenance and repairs are performed
- Prepares the annual Audio budget request to be submitted to the Finance Committee in the fall of each year and is prepared with supporting documentation to answer any questions which may be asked during the budget approval process
- May attend service functions or events as listed on page 53 of this Handbook and request reimbursement as provided in the Area 29 Budget for this committee and approved by the Area Assembly each year
- Is encouraged to write and submit service-related articles for the quarterly Maryland General Service Newsletter, the MARGENSER
- Forms a working committee of A.A. members to assist in carrying out the performance of these responsibilities
Reprinted from Area 29 Area Assembly Handbook, P.43 .
If you have an interest in audio or would just like to participate on this Committee, please contact the Audio Committee