The purpose of the Grapevine Committee is to maintain appropriate levels of all A.A. Grapevine, Inc. material for resale at each Area Assembly and Area Committee; to promote awareness of the A.A. Grapevine and LaViña; to encourage A.A. members to submit articles to the A.A. Grapevine magazine.
The Chairperson of the Grapevine Committee:
- is appointed by the Area Chairperson for a term of two years, beginning in January of the even-numbered years
- Attends the Area Assembly and Area Committee meetings
- Chairs Grapevine Committee meetings, coordinating information received from local Grapevine representatives for reporting back to the Area Assembly
- Maintains appropriate levels of all A.A. Grapevine, Inc. material for resale at each Area Assembly and Area Committee
- Establishes order quantities based on volume discounts and sets resale prices so as to provide the lowest possible price to the groups in Maryland General Service Area 29
- Coordinates A.A. Grapevine display and sales for the Area 29 State Convention as well as other A.A. functions as requested by the Area Assembly
- Prepares the annual Grapevine Committee budget request to be submitted to the Finance Committee in the fall of each year and is prepared with supporting documentation to answer any questions which may be asked during the budget approval process
- May attend service functions or events as listed on page 53 of this Handbook and request reimbursement as provided in the Area 29 Budget for this committee and approved by the Area Assembly each year.
- Attends Regional Panel meetings where the topic applies to the A.A. Grapevine
- Is encouraged to write and submit service-related articles for the quarterly Maryland General Service Newsletter, the MARGENSER
- As requested, attends group, Intergroup, District or other Area A.A. events to share information and knowledge of the A.A. fellowship
- Forms a working committee of A.A. members to assist in carrying out the performance of these responsibilities
Reprinted from Area 29 Area Assembly Handbook, January 2015, P. 33.
For further information contact the Grapevine Committee