AREA 29 Newsletter – Current Issue: 2017 – Quarter 2
The purpose of the MARGENSER Newsletter Committee is to compile and edit articles submitted to the MARGENSER by A.A. members and to organize, have printed, and distribute the newsletter.
Duties and Responsibilities of the MARGENSER Newsletter Chairperson
- is appointed by the Area Chairperson for a term of two years, beginning in January of the even-numbered years
- Attends Area Assembly and Area Committee meetings
- Solicits, coordinates, edits and organizes quarterly newsletter articles
- Arranges for printing and distribution of newsletter
- Coordinates with printing operations to organize mailing to all on distribution list plus any additional mailings; updates mailing list periodically
- Remains available and open to all ideas and suggestions to make newsletter more informative, useful and interesting
- Handles the editorial aspects of periodic revisions to the Area 29 Assembly Handbook, presenting proposed revisions to the Area Assembly for its approval from time to time as updates to the Handbook are needed.
- Prepares the annual MARGENSER Newsletter budget request to be submitted to the Finance Committee in the fall of each year and is prepared with supporting documentation to answer any questions which may be asked during the budget approval process
- May attend service functions or events as listed on page 53 of this Handbook and request reimbursement as provided in the Area 29 Budget for this committee and approved by the Area Assembly each year
- As requested, attends group, Intergroup, district or other Area A.A. events to share information and knowledge of A.A. fellowship
- Is encouraged to write and submit service-related articles for the quarterly Maryland General Service Newsletter, the MARGENSER
- Forms a working committee of A.A. members to assist in carrying out the performance of these responsibilities
Area 29 Area Assembly Handbook, P. 46
In the near future, audio readings of select Margenser articles will be presented in the audio player below. Until then, you can listen to (1) an invitation to submit articles for publication in the Margenser or (2) a verbal report back from the Area 29 Delegate on the 2013 General Service Conference.
Write A MARGENSER Article
Delegate’s Report Back 2013
ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL COMMITTEE CHAIRS: In order to keep Area 29 alcoholics informed of the service work in our Area, please submit a quarterly report to the MARGENSER chair. This could include action items, planned events or “to do” list. Submit anything you feel is important and allow the committee to include your submission in the next issue of MARGENSER. Thank you in advance for helping make the MARGENSER an informative AA publication. The MARGENSER is a “we” project published four times a year.
To all DCMs: Do you have an upcoming event? Let us know so we can publish it In the MARGENSER and let the entire fellowship know what’s happening in your District.
To submit letters, articles, thoughts, or complaints to the MARGENSER Newsletter, e-mail the Margenser Committee
Current Issue: 2017 – Quarter 2